Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Welcome!

On this calm and lovely Tuesday evening I sit at my computer with the resolve to finally record the events of my ongoing dating career. After much prompting by friends who have heard the stories I've succumbed to pressure by them and my own desire to share these experiences with the world.

I've been dating for roughly two years now. Some dates have been fantastic and led to great places. Some dates have been atrocious or embarrassing. The latter usually make the better stories.

There was a time when I dated in the hopes of finding a relationship. Sometimes I was looking for love. Sometimes I was looking for a good time. At this point I'm just trying to go out, have fun, meet new people, and get new stories.

Maybe you'll get a giggle, maybe you'll get inspiration, maybe you'll just find this a convenient way to waste time at work (I wont tell your boss). Regardless of the motivations behind the writing and reading of this blog, I encourage everyone to take away from this that dating is fun. It doesn't have to be an interview for the position of "spouse", it doesn't have to be an outdated social ceremony, it doesn't have to feared or judged or put on a pedestal. Wherever you find your dates, wherever you go with them, and whatever you do just have fun and be safe!

XO- Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment